About you, our New Embedded Hardware Developer
As our future embedded hardware developer, you will create the design of both the analogue and the digital electric circuits for our Nerve Switch® technology which is used to control single battery cells, complete battery modules and whole battery systems. You will develop sketches and iterate your design in an agile brainstorming with our development team. Using rapid prototyping methods, you will realise a prototype in no time, troubleshoot that first printed circuit board design by rigorous testing and make the boards ready for small scale production and field testing. Finally, you will be deeply invested in analysing and optimising the hardware design, tweaking analogue and digital circuits to create a final product that brings the Nerve Switch® technology alive.
About us, Nerve Smart Systems ApS
At Nerve Smart Systems ApS we are working on a novel and innovative approach to battery management systems (BMS). The so-called Nerve Switch® [pat. pending] is a semiconductor-based switch device for a controlled and optimised management of (secondary) battery cells. Using Nerve Switch® technology inside a battery system enables each individual battery cell to be controlled both directly and independently. In doing so, the topology of the battery system can be changed in almost any order, and this can even be done during operation. Furthermore, individual battery cells can be taken in and out of operation repeatedly according to their respective state of charge (SoC) and state of health (SoH).
One Technology – Multiple Challenging Applications
Working at Nerve Smart Systems ApS is not working on a single project for months; in fact, you will be working on challenging projects and with different aspects of the Nerve Switch® technology every week. You might be tied up with analysing possible capacitances or inductances of current printed circuit designs in the beginning of the week, deeply involved in the circuit integration of low-resistance semiconductors in the middle of the week and investigating to implement the latest communication standard into the hardware at the end of the week. Every day is truly different, but you can be assured that you will contribute to the golden thread that runs through the development of the Nerve Switch® technology.
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Personal responsibilities in a supporting environment
- Alternating tasks under a consistent objective
- An informal, professional and fun working atmosphere
- A job where you will work across disciplines on a high diversity of applications
- Great lunch with the whole team and every now and then a delicious piece of cake
- Countless ways to develop yourself as a professional
What we are looking for
- 3+ years professional experience in embedded hardware development and still eager to learn more
- Passion to design as well as analyse both analogue and digital circuitry around battery management or (high-voltage/-current) power electronics
- Experience with working independently to develop printcards including requirements, interpretation, design, manufacturing, debugging, documentation and integration
- Experience with creating, executing and evaluating test procedures/reports to ensure functionality, performance, robustness and safety of circuits and systems
- Experience with using iterative design processes in an agile working environment for continuous progress, even under change requests
- Experienced dealing with computer-aided circuit design like Altium Designer or Circuit Studio; ability to support pre-processing in other software environments
- Fluent spoken and written command of the English language.
Jobindex serves as recruitment partner on this position. If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact recruitment consultant at Jobindex Jens Wang at +45 7245 9074.