About you, our new development engineer
You, our future control software developer, a proactive and positive teamplayer, will be responsible for the development of a networked SCADA system for our Nerve Switch® to control single battery cells, complete battery modules, and whole battery systems.
You design the necessary functional levels of control operation and complement our hardware developers to identify sufficient programmable logic controllers (PLC), remote terminals units (RTU), or real-time computers (RTC).
In agile brainstorming with our other software developers, you integrate our embedded software and realise a communication connection with your real-time supervisory control, troubleshoot that concept by rigorous validation and verification testing, and make more mature software version ready for field tests and release implementation.
Your real-time data acquisition software will be interfaced with our cloud-based database for comprehensive data analysis, machine learning, and predictive control. You will be deeply involved in analysing and optimising the control system of our Nerve Switch® technology, tweaking functional blocks and control loops towards a certified product. Finally, your contribution to the human-machine interface (HMI) is more than appreciated to create a user experience (UX) that brings the Nerve Switch® technology alive.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years professional experience in supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) software development and still eager for the latest insights
- Comprehensive knowledge within control software design and programming, but at least familiar with the control hardware basics
- Passion to design as well as analyse both functional levels and source code of control software around energy management or power electronics
- Autonomous control software development including requirements, interpretation, design, manufacturing, debugging, documentation and integration (IEC 61131)
- Capabilities to create, execute and evaluate test procedures/reports to ensure functionality, performance, robustness and safety of control software
- Experienced dealing with the unified modelling language (UML) and real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Interest in human-machine interfaces (HMI) and user experience (UX) of predictive feedback control software
- Basic knowledge about (embedded) C and/or Python as well as the .NET framework are an advantage since these are the systems current programming languages
- Used to iterative design processes in an agile working environment for continuous progress, even under change requests
- Fluent spoken and written command of the English language.
- You are a team player
One technology – multiple challenging applications
Working at Nerve Smart Systems ApS is not working in monotonous processes for months; in fact, you will be working on challenging projects and different aspects of the Nerve Switch® technology every week.
You might be tied up with analysing possible functional levels of control operation for the next-generation system in the beginning of the week, deeply involved in the implementation of a new sensor array or a different logic controller in the existing system design during the middle of the week and investigating the latest communication standard for the control software with respect to a specific customer request at the end of the week. Every day is truly different, but you can be assured that they altogether run like a golden thread through the development of the Nerve Switch® technology.
What we offer
- Personal responsibilities in a supporting environment
- Alternating tasks under a consistent objective
- Informal, professional and fun working atmosphere
- Working multidisciplinary on a high diversity of applications
- Countless ways to develop yourself as a professional
- Lunch with the whole team and now and then a good piece of cake
About us, Nerve Smart Systems ApS
We at Nerve Smart Systems ApS are absolutely convinced that Battery Electric Energy Storage Systems (BEESS) provide a substantial contribution to a sustainable integration of renewable energies into our energy infrastructure. For this reason, we are currently developing a completely new approach to Battery Management Systems (BMS); our so-called Nerve Switch® [pat. pending] is a family of semiconductor-based switch devices for a controlled and optimized management of (secondary) battery cells.
Using Nerve Switch® technology inside a battery system enables each individual battery cell to be controlled both directly and independently. In doing so, the topology of the battery system can be changed in almost any order, and this even during operation. Furthermore, individual battery cells can be taken in and out of operation repeatedly according to their respective state of charge (SoC) and state of health (SoH).
Vividly speaking, our Nerve Switch® technology is not only replacing conventional BMS but also large parts of direct current power electronics as it incorporates many functionalities of a switch-mode power supply. Such an integrated technology like the Nerve Switch® requires, of course, a tailored control software; in particular, a multi-level supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system.
Jobinterviews are performed on an ongoing basis, untill the right cadidate is found.